| 微信 : ozyoyodotcom 联系邮箱 : service@ozyoyo.com 开启辅助访问 | 开启辅助访问 DIY

欢迎扫描左侧二维码, 加入【 求职招工 】官方群

讨论各类【 求职招工 】有关的信息

收藏 添加我帮您拉进群

楼主: Kydie
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[other] Accounting Training & Internship (Sydney & Brisbane)

[复制链接]
 楼主| Kydie 发表于 2011-7-21 12:37:58
Hi Coco

Thanks for congratulations.

Yes, I am quite happy with this role, it is great for both my family commitment and career development.

Today is my first day at work, I feel much more confident than last time :), and I find that what I have learned and practised at Florian Accounting is very useful for my current job.

Hope to see you soon

Jane
 楼主| Kydie 发表于 2011-7-26 16:35:07
paopao 发表于 2011-8-17 12:47:44
Accounting Training & Internship!!!
paopao 发表于 2011-8-18 12:01:35
Tricky questions that been asked during the interview, we are here to share with all of you.

1.        The Financial Controller has been called away unexpectedly, is not contactable and the accounts are due to the shareholder. What do you do?

·Firstly, acknowledge the shareholders of FC’s absence and see whether they can lose the payment term for this one-off scenario;
·If not, try to liaise with someone higher up in the company and your bank manager to have the authorisation done, such as company’s CEO or CFO who the FC reports to to have the payment approved;

2.        What are the bookkeeping entries required for a deposit taken from a potential client that is refundable?
·When the deposit has been received, I will record as :
Dr   Cash (deposit from client)   
Cr   Liability-refundable deposit
·If the deposit has been refund, the entries will be:
Dr   Liability-refundable deposit
Cr   Cash (deposit from client)
·When the further pmt was received
Dr Liability
Cr Revenue

Good luck,
Coco
paopao 发表于 2011-8-19 12:58:36
Dear Coco,

This is Jack. I went for the interview this morning.

The interviewer asked me to leave two referees on a form. But she did not clearly say that she is going to check the reference. She told me that she will have the EKKA holiday for the next few days, and probably get back to me on next monday.

Here is some feedback to share with trainees.

About the interview questions, as this is an employer's interview, it is pretty simple.

What qualifications do you have?

Tell something about their company.

why do you apply for this position?

what can you do for this company?

did you ever give any recommendation or do something to improve previous company's system and policy?

What did you get from your current position?

Technical question:

She gave me an supplier's invoice and asked me to point out the problems that the invoice may have.

Sincerely,

Jack
paopao 发表于 2011-8-23 14:40:20
Hi Kydie,

Thanks very much for the sharing. I am gonna preparing the answers for these questions now lol.

Wish Jack the best of luck! Thank him for the precious sharing.

Regards,

Kaily
paopao 发表于 2011-8-25 14:14:03
Hi Kydie
This is Alan. I received the resume from you already and it seen that the consultant has done a great job.

Thanks you.

Best Regards
paopao 发表于 2011-8-31 12:41:37
Hello Coco

First of all I would like to say huge thank you for all your help. Secondly I would like to say that I am sorry that I did not make a write up straight after I got a job. However from today’s perspective I can say that this is good as I can give you a wider overview of my job and duties.

To start with, I was not expecting the company to get back to me as the seek.com advertisement I applied for was already removed at the time they contacted me. The company name is theXXX, the one that hosts various events in Queensland. Surprisingly I only had one interview with the HR manager and the financial controller. The position is the Finance Officer – 6 months contract with probability of being  extended.  During the interview I was mostly asked general accounting questions on AR and AP like invoice input speed, familiarity with accounting packages  as well as general  questions about previous company work experience, team and working environment, so that was really not a tough one I must admit. Another side of the interview was about personality and expectations. I said that I would like to work hard, gain as much experience as possible and bring value to the company. One tip on answering such questions is to tell how much you enjoy your team in the current company, that you are very friendly, sociable and helpful, and that you are looking forward to work in similar friendly and professional environment.

A few words about the position itself. Finance officer is more than just AR or AP as you are asked to do whatever needs to be done in both areas and beyond. So during first 2 months I was doing all payables procedures, banking and invoicing side of the receivables and was asked to do balance sheet and P&L reconciliations (that was quite difficult for me being in the company for only 1 month or so). Over last month I was concentrated only on accounts payable due to separation of duties in order to be more effective during the tough Ekka times and ENORMOUS amounts of invoices to be paid. I am handling the payables for the whole company myself with the casual person helping out during the Ekka. The level of reporting is quite extensive compared to any companies that use MYOB. We use Microsoft Dynamics Navision that has a lot of software issues and needs to be maintained and fixed quite often. Nonetheless it is an ERP piece of software which is very good for my personal experience.

In conclusion, I want to say that I am very glad I came across Florian and very thankful to Coco for the help and guidance. I do wish all the best to the company and current interns. Thank you a lot for helping out people like myself to get on track!

Kind regards

Paul Belan
paopao 发表于 2011-9-2 15:44:01
Hi Coco & Kydie,

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to Coco for doing the reference check for me, so that I can secure this role of Accounts Officer. I was interviewed by Executive Officer and Finance Manager. Here are the questions I was asked in the interview:

1. Do you know about our company?

2. What do you do in your current job? Describe a day.

3. How do you work in your current team? What is your role?

4. Do you think you are a detail-oriented person?

5. Tell us how do you communicate with your clients?

6. How many tax invoices you do per week?

7. What do you want to achieve in the future?

After these work related questions, they started to ask me about myself, such as 'Where are you from? How long have you been in Australia? Are you here yourself? Do you go back to meet your parents often? etc." It is a good sign if they start to be interested in your personal stuff.

And then they asked if I have any questions would like to ask, I came up  two as follows:

1. What are the key challenges of the role, particularly in the firt 6 months?

2. Could you tell me how many people are in my team, what are their roles?

The whole interview lasted about 1 hour. I was requested to give referee's information by email after interview.

Some thoughts from my experience:

1. Get prepared with the background of the firm you are going to be interviewed.

2. Try to give the example to the question.

3. Ask something particularly relate to the work.

4. Follow-up is important. (call and make sure they have received your email and express your interests again)

Best wishes to everyone!

Zac
paopao 发表于 2011-9-6 16:23:24
Hi Coco,

I had two interviews with 2 companies this week. Below is questions have been asked during the interviews:

The 1st company:

1.     Tell me about yourself? I said I from Vietnam, I had Accounting background in my country (pls find my CV attachment)

2.    How do you do credit card reconciliation?

3.    Can you handle pressure? I said I handle pressure very well.

4.    Can you stay late in the office to finish your job?

5.    How many invoices you process a day?

6.    Are you able to collect payment from debtor?

The 2nd company

He did not ask me much about questions related to accounting but he only asked 2 questions when he called to arrange for interview.

1.       What is accrual? Is it a liability or asset?

2.       What are employee’s entitlements?

I came seeing him this morning Friday. He told me about his company and checked my qualification and transcript. He asked:

1.       Tell me about yourself?

Very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Catherine Hoang
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表招工【布里斯班】 发表招工【黄金海岸】
〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 OZYOYO.com. All rights reserved.

分享本页

客服号

公众号